Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

What a beautiful day it was!  We had a dicey start as Anna fell and hurt her hip running up the stairs to see the yeast rising out of the jar for the hot cross buns.  There were some tears and questions about whether she would be able to hunt Easter eggs outside, but after some ice, advil and rest, she could hobble along well enough, though she still has a huge bruise right on her hip bone.  By mid-morning, Anna was dying eggs while I was finishing the hot cross buns....

The Easter Bunny must have hidden the eggs while we were busy in the kitchen, because when we sat down to have tea and buns, we noticed a few eggs outside.  Anna gulped down her milk and went out to find her Easter basket and all the eggs....

We also found a little Tiger in an Easter basket....
To the right of the basket you can see the corner of a little floral pillow that Anna made for me for Easter.  She used the sewing machine herself, and made the neatest, tiniest stitches to hand sew the opening.  While she was working on it during the week, she told me it was for her room, so you can imagine my surprise when I found it in an Easter basket for me!  What a sweetie!

And here is Anna after emptying all her Easter goodies from the eggs....

It was quite a haul, but we put a lot of the candy and cookies in some big plastic eggs and sent them off to Peter.  I guess he won't be surprised after reading this, but I'm sure he'll be happy!

The weather was perfect and we even got some gardening in.  Anna and I prepped the flower boxes on our back porch and started soaking some sweet pea seeds, and Michael started turning over an area that will become Anna's butterfly garden this year.  Jumper is Michael's official helper - he always hangs around whenever Michael has gardening tools, and he especially loves the wheel barrow.  Must be a boy thing.

I hope you all had a very happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment